Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring phytocannabinoid abundant in some varieties of hemp and cannabis. As a result of decades of Cannabidiol related research, CBD is becoming a well documented therapeutic cannabinoid, especially in combination with whole hemp (or whole cannabis plant) extracts. As Cannabidiol has no psychoactive (mind-altering) side effects, it will not produce a “high”. Evidence suggests that CBD is safe even at high dosage levels, though different effects may be achieved using smaller versus larger dosages.
Scientific and clinical research has demonstrated the potential therapeutic benefits of CBD in a wide range of conditions and therefore offers an appealing option for those looking for a natural approach to conditions such as inflammation, pain, anxiety, and many more.
CBD has been studied for its possible medical benefits, including:
- Lowering stress and anxiety levels
- Helping with relaxation and sleep
- Controlling mood and concentration
- Reduction of nausea and vomiting
- Combating psychosis disorders
- combatting neurodegenerative disorders
- Combating anxiety and depression
- Controlling symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis, Glaucoma, Fibromyalgia, and insomnia